David S. Cheek
106 E. Washington Street
Mebane, NC 27302
Complex local government operations require strong visionary leadership, thoughtful policy development, a focus on continuous improvement, a commitment to ethical and transparent governance, and a strategy for representing and engaging the community. The city manager:
- Works with elected officials as they develop policies by discussing problems and recommendations, proposing new plans, or evaluating issues that affect the community and its residents.
- Ensures that laws and policies approved by elected officials are equitably enforced throughout the city.
- Develops recommendations for new programs indicating scope, cost and impact for consideration by City Council.
- Seeks feedback from residents and members of the business community to address and solve problems.
- Prepares the annual budget, submits it to elected officials for approval and implements it once approved.
- Supervises department heads, other employees and top appointees.
- Investigates citizen complaints and problems within the administrative organization and recommends changes to elected officials.
The City of Mebane is a vibrant community that encourages residents to be active members of various civic, social and religious groups. As a fast-growing city, Mebane welcomes new businesses, homes and people into the community, with an ultimate goal of providing an enriching lifestyle for all to enjoy. People who live in Mebane are proud of the city, positive about its future, and protective of its charming atmosphere. My goal as City Manager is to preserve “Positively Charming” Mebane while embracing the inevitable growth to come.