Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Mebane! The City offers a comprehensive benefits package to its employees that includes medical, dental, vision, State retirement, 401k retirement savings plan, and tax-free reimbursement accounts.
Applications are required for all employment openings. Résumés may be attached to applications; however, resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Applications are only accepted for positions in which the City is actively recruiting. Unsolicited applications and/or resumes will be discarded.
*All police applicants must possess a current North Carolina Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) Certification, or be currently enrolled in a BLET program to be considered for employment.
You are welcome to submit your application in person, by e-mail, fax (919-563-1007), or mail. Applications are considered active for six (6) months. Due to the volume of applications received we are not able to acknowledge receipt of each one.
A pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check is required of all final candidates. The City of Mebane uses E-Verify for verification of legal employment eligibility status. The City of Mebane is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Application Process
- Applications are processed in the Human Resources Department then forwarded to the hiring department. If a closing date is listed on the job posting, applications must be received by the Human Resources Department before 5:00 p.m. on that closing date. Due to the volume of applications received we are not able to acknowledge receipt of each one.
- After the application deadline date, the hiring department reviews the applications and selects those applicants to be interviewed.
- The period of time it takes to hire someone can be impacted by several factors; number of applications received, the number of job openings within the hiring department, the workload of the department, holidays, supervisor and department head schedules and any unexpected events.
- After an offer of employment has been made, the applicant will be required to submit to a Drug Screen procedure and to a background check, driver’s history, and/or credit check. Unsatisfactory results will result in the conditional offer of employment being withdrawn.
- After the position is filled, all candidates interviewed for the position will receive notification that the selection process is complete.
- Applications are considered active for six (6) months from the application date. During that time, an applicant does not have to complete another application unless the information on his/her application changes. To be considered for additional job openings, the applicant may simply notify the Human Resources Department of his/her name and the advertised opening for which they wish to apply. After six (6) months, an applicant must submit a new application.
Click here for a list of benefits available to full-time employees.